To be considered for a possible nomination, a student must read all guidelines carefully and
complete all of the steps below prior to November 30. Please send all completed materials to:
Office of U.S. Congressman Raúl Labrador
Attn: Lisa Anderson
33 East Broadway, Suite 251
Meridian, Idaho 83642
All completed applications must be postmarked by November 30, 2011. No exceptions will be made.
1. Letter Requesting Nomination – Submit a letter to U.S. Congressman Raúl
Labrador requesting a nomination. This must be written in a formal business
2. Application for Nomination – Return the completed Application for
3. Resume – Provide a detailed listing of your academic, community service,
Extracurricular activities, athletic activities, and any other notable
4. Essay – Compose an essay of no more than 500 words, which provides insight
into why you desire to attend a Service Academy and why you would be a good
candidate for admission. This essay must be separate and distinct from your
5. Photo – Attach a recent photo to your completed application (does not have to
be a professional photo).
6. Letters of Recommendation – Submit at least three letters of recommendation
from individuals unrelated to you, who can assess your intellect, character, and
suitability for military service. One from a teacher, principal, school administrator,
guidance counselor, or academic dean with accompanying recommendation form;
one from an employer or extracurricular faculty advisor; and one from a person
of your choice. These letters may be given to you in sealed envelopes with their
signature across the seal or they may be sent directly to our office at the above
7. Official Transcripts – Submit a copy of your official transcripts and school
disciplinary file (if applicable) to be sent directly from your high school
(or college) to the above address.
8. Standardized Test Results – Have your scores sent directly from the testing
services to the above address or use our office’s reporting codes: ACT-code
7371; SAT-code 5460. If your standardized test score is notated on your
transcript that will suffice.